Frequent Asked Questions and Real Facts
AS CLAIMED OR YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
AS CLAIMED OR YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You can buy with confidence at Amazon.com
Our products are SAFE, we have been testing and using them since 2004. simply follow the instructions and your HotSmart should last for a long time (years!).
I want to start by establishing that HotSmart Plates are already a great help (is that OK with you? I mean: Is that fair fair?) for the sick and the elderly and are widely used by home caregivers; some doctors recommend them and that is a fact
- "Best present ever" says an 87 year old mother
- "A God's send" said many other persons (A God's send for my husband, a God's send for my wife, my mother, etc.)
- "You don't have inventory? Sell me one of your prototypes" (I personally went to FedEx and shiped the prototype, the person in NJ had had tongue cancer; he was very happy with his plate and later purchased more)
- "You don't ship to the UK?" (at the time we didn't) Yes, NOW we ship worldwide (UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Australia, even Kuwait and Dubai ; please order now through Amazon.com
- By the way please check the price at www.amazon.co.uk
Yes! The first plate in the world that keeps food hot!
Oh thanks to you! for taking the time to write such a great feedback; you made my day! I am a stroke and brain tumor survivor too! You made me feel useful. You don't know how disappointed I feel with statements like the following:
"The plate doesn't get hot" - Ans:This is like saying we sell water which doesn't boil; the reason is probably the customers oven is a low capacity oven (800 Watts); in this case preheat 1:30 minutes
"Only 4 inches of the plate get hot" Ans: all the surface gets hot, except the rim but much hotter at the center
"It is so flat that the juice of a steak would overfill it" Ans: that's ridiculous; the fact is: The HotSmart works as claimed or your money back, OK? (The improved model is deeper anyway)
FACT; HotSmart Gourmet Plates are the only plates in the world that really keep food warm and keep selling fast in Amazon.com; we decided to create this page to answer Frequent Asked Questions and feedback from our customers.
Having said that, it is easy for me to forget as the inventor that what is easy and obvious to me it is not for my customers and that you deserve better information. The instructions for use are so simple that they are in a single photo on the Home Page The plate does get real hot with one single minute preheating in a 1200W microwave oven (Please adjust accordingly if you own a smaller oven)
Optional preheating method: http://bit.ly/PipingHot Piping hot food on a piping hot plate.
- The specifications SPECS of the plate will show you that this modest invention is actually a quantum leap for the ceramic plate which had not evolved functionally in centuries http://bit.ly/AreWeDumb , however we don't want you to have false expectations ; the plates were developed for an specific purpose: to keep food warm at the table so you can enjoy your best recipes; follow the instructions use the plate properly and you will enjoy it for a long time.
- IMPORTANT: HotSmart Gourmet Plates have also being discovered by caregivers and used by people who have to eat slowly due to some physical disability or mobility problem.(Ideal for Alzheimer patients, the elderly and the sick)
- Does the base separates from the plate? No, the seal has been improved; sometimes we have to open a plate for experimenting (or ongoing testing) and we cut the adhesive all around the joint with a very sharp knife which takes us a long time; then we have to pry open the plate with a flat screw driver and that also takes lots of effort (sometimes the base would break before it separates). however If you do not follow the instructions you could break the seal; and the plate will not work properly with water inside. In that case, all you have to do is to preheat the plate a few times until you get rid of all the humidity inside, then continue using the plate and don't put it in the dishwasher anymore. A dishwasher safe version is being developed.
- Please RT
Are HotSmart Plates Dishwasher-safe?
No, We are working on a dishwasher-safe version: an hour glass shaped seal (among other designs and sealants) We are committed to continuous improvement and really appreciate honest, feed back. If you get a deffective plate, you can ask for a refund of course (As claimed or your money back guarantee).
Amazon.com as you know has an excellent service and in case of any problem, you can always e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
Question HotSmarts bottom is ugly but so are the back of refrigerators? (Somebody atributed that phrase to me which is a lie).